The La Biennale Arte is the must-see event for any artist. It was incredible to meet so many friends and establish new contacts, which happened after a 3 years break. I was there during pre-openings days on last week.
During pre-opening I met some art collectors and one of them mentioned to me: “There is not any good stuff presented and nothing interesting to see in the Biennale”. To be honest, as an artist and designer, I hope that our works have a chance to inspire or influence the vision of at least one person in the world. And hopefully, we are doing something important for future generations.
I always love to review new works of my colleagues and friends. The concept of Cecilia Alemani “The Milk of Dreams” – The 59th International Art Biennale in Venice, includes the work of 213 artists from 58 countries.
Here is 10 top of my choice:
- Austria – artists Jakob Lena Knebl, Ashley Hans Scheirl and curator Karola Kraus
- Brazil – artist Jonathas De Andrade and and curator Jacopo Crivelli Visconti
- Denmark – artist Uffe Isolotto and curator Jacob Lillemoso
- France – artist ZenebSedira and curators Yasmina Reggad, Sam Bardaouil and Till Fellrath
- Italy – artist Gian Maria Tosatti and curator Eugenio Viola
- Korea – artist Yunchul Kim and curator Young-Chul Lee
- Mongolia – artist Munkhtsetseg Jalkhaajav and curator Gantuya Badamgarav
- Saudi Arabia – artist Muhannad Shono and curators Reem Fadda Rotana Shono
- Slovenia – artist Marko Jakse and curator Robert Simonisek
- Switzerland – artist Latifa Echakhch and curator Francesco Stocchi
- USA – artist Simone Leigh and curator Eva Respini
Roberto Cicutto, President of La Biennale di Venezia during the opening ceremony mentions that the Russian Pavilion is closed for NOT political reasons…
“The Milk of Dreams”, which takes its title from a book by Leonora Carrington (1917–2011) in which the Surrealist artist describes a magical world where life is constantly re-envisioned through the prism of the imagination. The exhibition The Milk of Dreams takes Leonora Carrington’s otherworldly creatures, along with other figures of transformation, as companions on an imaginary journey through the metamorphoses of bodies and definitions of the human.
My biggest respect to Cecilia Alemani, Roberto Cicutto and the team of Art Biennale! It was a great job!
20th of April 2022